Since late 2015, we have focused on building relationships between businesses and their owners, residents and policy makers.
What is unique about the South Loop Business Exchange?
We’re all about the B.I.S.
- Business Focus – The South Loop Business Exchange is of, by, and for South Loop business leaders.
- Inclusive Approach – SLBE aims to work alongside residents, developers, college students, workers, aldermen, area government entities and other interested parties and be involved in neighborhood affairs in mutually beneficial ways. We want a “Win” for all South Loop stakeholders.
- Sustainability – SLBE has a focus on creating a South Loop that is sustainable for generations to come. We work in all three areas of sustainability: economic, social, and environmental.
Why another organization in the South Loop?
- A neighborhood’s health and vibrancy is directly linked to the vigor of its local businesses. To encourage strength in the business sector, every neighborhood needs an organization to amplify the voice of local businesses in neighborhood decisions.
- The best type of organization to perform this function is one formed solely as a Chamber of Commerce. A Chamber of Commerce is “a local organization of businesses whose goal is to further the interests of businesses.”
- Until we started, the South Loop did not have this type of organization. Other neighborhood groups serve different purposes and are much needed. We want to come alongside these other groups and serve the business community as a group deserving focus in the South Loop!
What geography does the South Loop Business Exchange cover?
While we want to remain inclusive with our membership, our primary focus is on the area bounded by Congress Parkway on the north, Lake Michigan to the east, I-55 on the south, and I-94/90 to the west (with Chinatown excluded from the southwest corner).
Does my business need to have a South Loop brick & mortar location to join?
No! We welcome all businesses interested in our mission to join is. We realize there are a lot of sole proprietors and entrepreneurs in the South Loop. We want your voice to be heard! Please don’t hesitate to join us.
What if I want to get a taste of the organization before joining?
What We've Achieved
- Grown the organization from an idea into a group of 60+ small to medium-size businesses and organizations
- Hosted the first annual South Side Craft Beer Fest